Gallery

Saturday, 25 February 2012

A new "old" Sewing Machine

Since I didn't manage to fetch my Juki from the repair shop before we got a lot of snow last night/this morning, and since I got bored with just cleaning up my studio and fixing lost buttons and torn seams, I finally took the time to get acquainted with a sewing machine a friend had re-gifted me already some years ago.
It is a Singer zig-zag in a nice big cabinet with two fold-down table leafs. It even still has all 3 drawers.  And I am happy to have found that she does a very nice zig-zag stitch which is easier to do than on my Brother machine as the Singer's head is much less bulky so I am able to see what I am doing.
To check out her piecing I made three "Tetris" dogs, as one of my kids calls them. Unfortunately they didn't put much of a dent in my overflowing 1 1/2" and 2" squares jars.....


Je n'ai pas réussi de récupérer ma machine à coudre de l'atelier de reparation avant que la région ne reçoive une bonne bordée de neige, ce qui m'a donné une chance d'essayer enfin une machine à coudre qu'une amie m'avait donné il y a plusieurs années déjà.
C'est une Singer Zig-Zag dans un gros cabinet, le tout trés bien entretenu. Elle coud trés bien et sa tête est moins volumineuse que celle de mon autre machine zig-zag, ce qui rend les travaux d'appliqué plus aisés.
Pour voir comment elle pièce j'ai cousu 3 chiens "Tétris", comme un de mes enfants les appelle. J'avais aussi l'éspoir de faire de la place dans les bocaux des carrés de 1 1/2" et 2", mais j'ai bien peur d'en avoir encore pour plusieurs meutes de chiens......

Wir haben eine Menge Schnee bekommen und meine Juki Nähmaschine sitzt beim Reparateur fest. Das war dann die Gelegenheit endlich eine alte Singer auszuprobieren. Ich hatte sie schon vor Jahren geschenken bekommen, aber nie gebraucht.
Diese Maschine hat einen sehr schönen Tisch mit zwei aufklappbaren Tafeln und drei Schubläden. Ihr Zick-Zackstich ist ausgeglichen, und da sie weniger groß als meine Brother Maschine ist kann ich wesentlich besser sehen waß ich denn da so mache, praktisch für Applizierarbeiten.
Auf dieser Maschine habe ich dann 3 "Tetris"-Hunde (von einem Kind so getauft) genäht,in der Hoffnung die Gläser mit meinen 3.75 cm und 5 cm großen Stoffquadraten ein wenig zu entleeren, aber ich kann sicher noch mehrere Hundemeuten mit ihnen herstellen.

No comments:

Post a Comment