Gallery

Monday, 12 March 2012

A Quilter's Friend

There is nothing new happening here: I am quilting for hours each day my "Grandmother's Flower-garden" quilt while listening to audio books, just taking breaks to play with my dogs, obey my cats who take turns going outside to check how much snow is still on the ground (much!) and drink coffee to watch the birds at the feeder. Yeah, I know, my life is hard.......

One resource I have found again when piecing my last quilt is Victoriana Quilts Designs. I don't dare to spend time on there because she has so many fabulous patterns and things, but I downloaded and printed 4 of her Quilt Calculator charts. 
I usually calculate all of my quilts quite easily, but I got fed up with figuring out setting triangles. Now I have them right on my desk, as well as a chart of how much backing fabric one needs for which size quilt, and another of how many squares of different sizes are in a given amount of fabric. They'll leave me more brain power for other calculations.
Her site is just lovely and merits to be widely known.


Il ne se passe pas beaucoup ici: je pique toujours ma courte-pointe "Jardin de Grand-mère" en écoutant des livres audio. Je dois évidement prendre des pauses pour jouer avec les chiens, laisser sortir et entrer les chats qui s'assurent souvent qu'il y a encore beaucoup de neige dehors, et boire du café en observant les oiseaux à la mangeoire. Oui, ma vie est dure.....

Une ressource que je veux partager est Victoriana Quilt Designs, où j'ai trouvé un tableau de calculs pour des triangles dont on a besoin pour des blocks en pointe, un autre pour la quantité de tissu que l'on a besoin pour les dos de courte-pointes, un autre pour savoir combien de pièces de quelle taille il y a dans un quantité donné de matériel. Elle en a d'autres, tous gratuits à imprimer.
Je n'ai pas de problème à calculer ces choses, mais je peux mettre mon énérgie ailleurs..... Son site est trés beau et mérite d'être mieux connu.


Hier ist nicht viel los: ich quilte fleißig an meinem "Großmutters Blumengarten" Quilt während ich Audiobücher höre. Ab und an muß ich eine Pause einlegen um mit den Hunden zu spielen, den Katzen die Patiotüre aufzumachen oder Kaffee im Solariumfenster vor der Vogelfutterstation zu trinken. Leben ist halt schwer......


Mein letzter Quilt brauchte "setting triangles", und wenn ich die auch leicht selber errechnen kann bin ich dessen doch Leid geworden und habe mir die Tabelle von Victoriana Quilt Designs ausgedruckt. Sie hat mehrere solcher Tabellen die meinen Kopf entlasten um interessantere Dinge auszuknobeln.
Die web-site ist sehr hübsch und sollte mehr bekannt sein.

1 comment:

  1. would like to make a pineapple quilt looking for an easy pattern. can anyone help.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and leaving a message!
Merci de votre visite et votre message!
Danke schön für den Besuch und einen Kommentar!