Gallery

Thursday, 11 October 2012

Garbage Bags

.....don't leave home without them. Especially if you live in a climate capable of producing heavy precipitations, much rain is forecast, and one is headed for a two-day crafts market held in a tent.
Wet feet apart it was a nice, moderately lucrative experience, although physically quite taxing. So now I am taking a break, knitting scarfs for me. 
The left one is Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks in Munchkin (which seems to be discontinued), the right one is Karen Baumer's Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in Imagination: Over the Rainbow.
La chose la plus valable que la vente de la fête de semaine passé m'a apporté est de ne jamais participer à un événement sous la tente sans avoir sous la main des sacs de poubelle ordinaires. Ils me seraient été si utiles comme tapis de sol pour tenir mes pieds au sec ou abriter mes affaires la nuit au lieu d'avoir à ranger tout le premier soir, surtout vu que nous en avons eu, de la pluie. À part de ça ce fût une expérience plutôt agréable, même si peu lucrative.
Pour m'en reposer je me tricote des foulards. Le modèle à gauche est Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks en Munchkin, qui me semble avoir été discontinué. À droite est le foulard multidirectionel en Imagination: Over the Rainbow.

Ein Tip für Leute die an Märkten unterm Zelt teilnehmen: große Abfalltüten sind ungeheuer praktisch, vor Allem da wo es viel regnet..... Ansonsten war es eine nette Sache, wenn auch etwas ermüdent. So erhole ich mich beim Stricken: Schale für mich. Der Linke ist Holding Hands, Feeding Ducks aus Munchkin (scheint es nicht mehr zu geben), der Rechte Karen Baumer's Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf in Imagination: Over the Rainbow.

5 comments:

  1. Nice. Right now I am knitting a gift for someone and later I will probably finish another sweater for my grandson. I should think about making myself something. Both of your scarves are using great yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina....the wood is for this winter. We have enough in our yard for a few years...This year I just have to haul it to the house with the tractor and trailer and put it in the basement and pile it up.

    I use air suluable felt markers as a rule....if I can't see those on some fabric; I use the white pencil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your knitting projects. Very yummy yarn. I have a scarf project that I need to get going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've already dug my scarf out and have been using it and my mittens this week as I ride my bike to work. Both scraves will go with sew many winter jackets. Sew glad to hear you took time to do something for yourself.
    in stitches

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarves! I am an impatient knitter so crochet instead.

    ReplyDelete