Gallery

Thursday, 31 January 2013

Potholder Bowls or Bowl Potholders

Following Kathy's wonderful tutorial I made one bowl holder in each of the three sizes she gives instructions for, and used them while reheating some meals. They are indeed much nicer to use than the "dragging a hot plate onto a potholder" method. The smallest one was very useful to keep my hand from freezing while eating a bowl of banana ice cream (just frozen banana puree).
Suivant l'excellent tutoriel de Kathy j'ai cousu une poignée à placer sous le bol à rechauffer dans le four à micro-ondes dans chaque taille proposé pour ensuite en faire l'essai. C'est en effet beaucoup plus facile d'éviter de brûler ses doigts en sortant des bols chaudes avec ces poignées.
Le plus petit m'a aussi permis de manger un bol de crème glacée à la banane (juste de la purée de bananes gelée) sans me geler les doigts.
Kathy hat ein wunderbares Tutorial wie man denn solche Topflappen-Schüsselchen oder Schüsselchen-Topflappen nähen kann. Man gibt sie unter das im Mikrowellenherd zu wärmende Geschirr, und sie machen die Handlung von heißen Schüsseln wirklich viel einfacher.
Der kleinste  Schüssellappen war mir auch beim Eiskrem Essen nützlich: keine gefrorene Hand mehr (die Eiskrem war nur gefrorenes Bananenpüree).

5 comments:

  1. Now these look interesting! I have never seen or heard of them but they are now on my list! ;) Thanks! I went to check out the tutorial and they seem very fast to whip up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so neat Regina, I really have to give this a try .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I'm going to go a check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmm, that is a pretty clever pot holder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found my tutorial helpful. My boys love using them and they also make great gifts!

    ReplyDelete