Gallery

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Lily-qui-dort, Lily-qui-rit*

This doll is sewn from a pattern I bought thirty years ago in a super-market. Each of my children had one, it's dresses sewn from scraps of it's owner's clothes. And, although my kids were, for the most part, not the playing-with-dolls type, these dolls lived for years in their beds and where turned each morning and evening.

*Lily-who-sleeps, Lily-who-laughs
Cette poupée est cousu d'un patron que j'avais acheté il y a trente ans dans un super-marché.
Chacun de mes enfants en a eu une, les robes confectionnées dans des retailles de leurs vetements. Et, malgré le fait que mes enfants, dans la majorité, n'étaient pas des "catineux", ces poupées ont habités pendants des années leurs lits et se sont faits virer matin et soir.
Den Schnitt dieser Puppe habe ich vor dreissig Jahren in einem Supermarkt gekauft.
Jedes meiner Kinder hat eine gehabt, die Kleidchen aus Stoffresten des Kindes Kleider genäht. Und diese Puppen haben jahrelang in den Betten gelebt und sind morgens und abends umgedreht worden, obwohl es sonst nur raudigere Spiele bei uns gab.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, Regina, I have not seen one of these in years! My Granny used have one on the spare bed at the farm and I liked to get to sleep in that room so I could play with the little dolly! Nice! Very nostalgic!

    ReplyDelete