Gallery

Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Mindless knitting

So I always have a simple knitting project around, and from time to time I even finish one, which actually can be a problem as now I have nothing to occupy my hands during phone conversations or coffee breaks.
Anyway, I present to you "Pi squared", after Elizabeth Zimmermann's instructions. It is about 2 feet long in the back, more than 4 feet in diameter. It is knit in a very slightly scratchy 98% Alpaga yarn that was gifted to me. While I appreciate the yarn's quality, its colour makes me very unhappy, and I'll be looking into ways to dye it.
Pour tenir mes mains occupées pendant je suis au téléphone ou que je prends une pause café j'ai toujours un simple tricot proche. De temps en temps je le fini. C'est un problème, car maintenant il me faut trouver un autre projet.
Ce shawl est "Pi au carré" de Elizabeth Zimmermann. Il mesure environ 2 pieds - 60 cm long dans le dos, et plus que 4 pieds - 1.20 m de diamètre. Il est tricoté dans une laine 98% Alpaca qui ne pique que très légèrement, mais dont la couleur ne me plaît pas du tout (la laine m'avait été donné) et que je veux teindre.

Diese Stole ist "Pi ²" nach Elizabeth Zimmermann's Anleitung. Sie ist 60 cm lang im Rücken, 1.20 m im Diameter. Die mir vererbte Wolle ist 98% Alpaga, kratzt nur sehr leicht, aber leider in einer Farbe die ich gar nicht mag. Ich werde versuchen sie umzufärben.
Das war ein einfaches Projekt das meine Hände beim Kaffeetrinken und telefonieren beschäftigt hielt. Jetzt muß ich mir ein neues finden .....

2 comments:

  1. such a lovely design. I haven't dyed wool, but have bought cotton dying supplies from G&S Dyes before. http://www.gsdye.com/ They are the most knowledgeable .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rinse your shawl in a sink of water, with a tiny bit of hair conditioner mixed in and it will be much softer.

    ReplyDelete