Gallery

Thursday, 20 March 2014

Stars and Diamonds

This was a very successful week, although without much to show. I managed to clean up my studio, mostly by doing a mountain of mending and patching (work pants, no less). 
Debatable is why I started Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars: to use up my scrap stash (and we all know how well that works...) or to prevent my studio from looking so neat that I don't dare to work in it for fear of messing it up. The blocks finish at 12" and there will be a 2" sashing and a 5-6" border, now I am wondering whether a 5 x 6 setting ( 82" x 96") will be big enough, or whether I ought to make enough blocks for a 6 x 7 (96" x 110") setting.
To keep up my number of knitting ufos I have started a triangular scarf in "garterlac", inspired by this lovely pattern (garterlac dishcloth in the right sidebar) . I had to do away with the border triangles before they did away with my sanity, although in my mind there is no problem with them, I just could not get them to behave on my needles. I don't think they would have been very noticeable on the worn scarf anyway.....
La semaine passée était très productive, mais je n'ai pas beaucoup à montrer puisque c'était surtout du remu-menage dans mon studio, et des reparations de vêtements (inclusive pantalons de bûcheron!) 
Pour éviter que le studio devient si propre que je n'oserais plus y travailler, et/ou pour me debarrasser de ma collection de retailles, j'ai commencé cette courte-pointe. En ce moment je me questionne sur la grandeur fini: 82" x 96" - 205 cm x 240 cm ou 96" x 110" - 240 cm x 275 cm.
Pour maintenir le niveau de mes projets de tricot debutés et non- finis j'ai commencé un foulard triangulaire d'après ce patron ("garterlac dishcloth" à droite). J'ai dû éliminer les triangles des bordures, mais je ne pense pas que ça va faire une différence une fois le foulard autour de mon cou.
Während der letzten Woche habe ich viel in meinem Studio gearbeitet, habe aber wenig vorzuzeigen denn es war fast nur Stopf- und Flickwerk (Holzfällerhosen!) und auf- und umräumen. 
Damit es nicht so sauber wird daß ich nicht mehr wage darin zu arbeiten, und/oder um meine Restekiste leerer zu bekommen, habe ich angefangen Bonnie Hunter's Boxy Stars zu nähen. Ich habe mich noch nicht entschieden wie groß dieser Quilt werden soll: 205 cm x 240 cm = 5 x 6 Blöcke mit Sashing und Bordüre, oder 240 cm x 275 cm = 6 x 7 Blöcke.
Auf meinen Stricknadels ist auch ein neues Projekt: ein Dreiecktuch nach dieser Vorleitung ("garterlac dishcloth" auf der rechten Seite). Ich bin nicht mit den Seitendreiecken zurecht gekommen, also stricke ich sie nicht. Ich vermute daß man das nicht bemerken wird wenn ich den Schal trage.

4 comments:

  1. I do like that boxy stars pattern. Your knitting looks way too complicated for me. I have some repair jobs sitting in my sewing room too - but I haven't tackled them. I'm hoping they go away - or get buried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to clean my studio today. Too many things missing. Stars and diamonds are a good combo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina, I love your story and catching up on what you are up to! this quilt is going to be lovely! I'm also making a purple poncho too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always great to get your studio cleaned up. Mine is due for a good digging in and digging out. The quilt is lovely and your knitting is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete