Gallery

Thursday, 13 March 2014

Things I've made

Two things I've made: my second daughter (in a sweater she has knit from her own pattern), wearing an apron with Seminole bands. The apron is demanded by "Les Cercles des Fermières du Québec", which is the only reason I made it.
This is the pattern I used, and while it took me 8 hours to piece the bands I needed it is not a difficult project. For the apron itself I did not use a pattern but winged it.
Deux choses que j'ai fait: ma deuxième fille (dans un gilet qu'elle a elle-même dessiné et tricoté) et le tablier avec empiècement seminole qui est demandé par les Cercles des Fermières.
Les bandes sont cousues d'après ces instructions. C'est plus facile que ça en a l'air, mais demande beaucoup de temps.
Le patron du tablier lui-même est improvisé.

Zwei Sachen die ich gemacht habe: meine zweite Tochter (in einem ihrer selbst entworfenen und gestrickten Pullover), und eine Schürze mit Seminole-Bändern, verlangt von "Cercles des Fermières du Québec".
Die Seminole-Bänder sind nach dieser Anleitung genäht, eigentlich recht einfach aber es braucht viel Zeit. Für die Schürze hatte ich keinen Schnitt, sie ist nur aus Rechtecken mit ein paar Falten am Taillienband gemacht.

5 comments:

  1. Nice job on both the sweater AND the apron!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very nice. Seminole piecing has been on my list to try for quite some time. The concept is very appealing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously your daughter has inherited your creative skill. That's a lovely sweater, she knit. I love the apron, the Seminole piecing looks perfect and your colour choices were beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking sweater and apron. Love the seminole piecing. and the quilt in the background is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both projects! Well done! Linda is right... that's a beautiful quilt in the background!

    ReplyDelete