Gallery

Thursday, 22 January 2015

Bojagi

This week I have worked on the first of a series of window panels. It is my first try to sew a bojagi-style item, and with flat-sewn french seams it took me quite long to finish it.
Thankfully my client is not difficult, and I can choose any pattern I want as long as there is a certain coherence, so another window will get braids. Having a pattern makes for much faster work than free-styling it.
Ce pan de rideau est mon premier essai avec la technique de Bojagi - l'art coréen de recuperer des petits bouts de tissus pour en faire des nappes, couvre-bols (avant la pelicule de plastique), emballages etc.
La pièce n'est pas doublé, c'est pourquoi j'ai employé des coutures françaises, cousus à plat.

Diese Gardine ist mein erster Versuch ein Bojagi zu nähen. Diese Patchwork-Technik kommt aus Korea, wo sie sich entwickelt hat um kleine Stoffreste zu verwerten. Es ist oft nicht gedoppelt und wattiert und muß dann mit verdeckten Nähten angefertigt werden. Es diente zum Einwickeln und Abdecken - sogar Speisen bevor es Plastikfilm gab.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely and it looks improv. I love the freedom of improv in my commission quilts and my clients love that each quilt is totally one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play of blues. Great window panel. Can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up what Bojagi was. Thanks for broadening my knowledge base! I like the blues, but I LOVE the calico cat!!

    ReplyDelete