Little girls' aprons, in sizes 1 and 2 years. Fun to "help", and practical for girls who consider themselves too big for bibs ... ;)
Monday, 17 July 2017
Sunday, 2 July 2017
Tuesday, 20 June 2017
This potholder pattern is one of the rare things I like to crochet, and use in the kitchen.
To make a runner I followed the pattern using 1"-strips of misprinted cotton fabric. I sewed the 1o individual hexagons together with the ends.
The runner is about 24" wide and 78" long, heavy enough to stay in place and so squishy that the dog now sleeps on it, beside her with wool-scraps filled cushion.
Monday, 12 June 2017
This bag came about because I didn't want to make a place in my stash for some remnants. I did not manage to use everything up, but even so this tote is more of a weekend than shopping trip size.
The tree is appliquéed on the zippered front pocket. The main bag also closes with a zip.
Inside are a loop for keys and pockets for small items and a cell phone.
Sunday, 4 June 2017
The embroidery is done in chainstitch before layering and quilting.
Tuesday, 23 May 2017
Thursday, 11 May 2017
Our supervisor Zouleïka is seen here completely overworked:
|just a small part!|
This catalogne was woven from fabric shown in the above picture right, with two passes of yarn every couple of inches:
Sunday, 7 May 2017
Sew-Sisters in Toronto, one of their monthly fat-quarter bundle which I had hoarded for quite some time (they were much too pretty to cut up)
this quilt, with the appliquéd motives replaced by quilting with coloured threads.
It even looks lovely on the back side!
Friday, 5 May 2017
and is willing to work with older employees and accept their advice:
Saturday, 8 April 2017
Since I have managed to finish quite a few placemats from my u.f.o. stash I gave myself permission to make something from my wish list:
These witches are 10" tall, just the right size to ride on dish washing mops.
Monday, 3 April 2017
Friday, 31 March 2017
Monday, 27 March 2017
Friday, 24 March 2017
Tuesday, 21 March 2017
Friday, 17 March 2017
This baby quilt, a nine-patch variation, is from "Scraps organized to Perfection", I used only two fabrics.
It was surprisingly easy to piece (with occasional help from my seam ripper), but I found it difficult to calculate. Thankfully I am more of a let's-start-and-fix-it-later type of quilter....
|48" x 59"|
The quilting was done with stencils I had cut for other quilts.